“Leaders are not born, they’re made.”
To celebrate its 50th anniversary, PHINMA launched The PHINMA National Scholarship (PNS) in 2006. In line with its mission of making lives better through education and nation-building, the program’s goal is to produce not just professionals but leaders for the next generation. Through the formation and social development, the program aims to help the PNS Scholars become socially engaged individuals who will contribute to the Philippines’ economic and social development.
Now on its 14th year, the program consists of 224 graduates in the fields of education, accountancy, and engineering.
The PHINMA National Scholarship is a full scholarship and leadership development program for college students. The program consists of three components:
The financial assistance provided by the program is supported by the PHINMA Group of Companies and the Adopt-A-Scholar Program. The grant enables our scholars to have access to quality education programs.
A PNS Scholar is entitled to the following privileges:
- 100% financial assistance on tuition and fees for the normal length of a particular course (Fees may also be offset by other scholarships)
- Monthly allowance of Php 3,000
- Annual book allowance of Php 2,000
- Annual uniform allowance of Php 1,500
- Additional professional development allowance of Php 3,000
- Financial assistance for board exams review
- Participation in PHINMA Leadership and Mentorship Program
Our scholars are mentored and guided by the members of the PHINMA Family through the Big Brother and Big Sister Program (BBBS). This program is part of the initiative of the PHINMA HERO. Our volunteers for the program include top-management to staff employees. Through the program, our volunteers meet with the scholars regularly to guide their personal and professional growth.
The program is committed to forming each scholar by providing supplemental workshops and on-the-job trainings, alternative learning experiences, and opportunities for service and volunteerism.
For other PNS events, you may check our Facebook page, click the link below.
Requirements and Application
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP
The following may be eligible to apply for the PHINMA National Scholarship Program:
- A Filipino citizen
- Has been accepted to the following universities:
- Philippine Normal University
- University of the Philippines Diliman
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- PHINMA University of Pangasinan
- In need of financial assistance (with supporting documents)
- Does not have an immediate relative under the PNS scholarship or alumni of PNS
Qualified applicants must go through the selection process.
The scholarship is awarded to students enrolled in the following schools and courses:
Philippine Normal University – Manila
Education degree with a specialization in the fields of:
- Social Science
- Early Childhood
- Information Technology Education
University of the Philippines – Diliman
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Sta. Mesa Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
PHINMA University of Pangasinan – Dagupan Campus
- Education Degree
Check our Facebook Page for more information.